Friday, May 22, 2009

Just call me 'Gullible'...again!!!

Okay, today we are finishing up getting ready for company over the weekend. The mini-Marx's are bringing their parents to visit. We had a few last minute fresh foods on a little grocery list. So I headed into Georgetown to visit Mimi and Papa while Mimi ate her lunch. Then I took Papa to lunch. Then I headed over to the Georgetown Mall (WalMart) to get these few grocery items. My habit is to get inside the store and review my grocery list to be sure of what I am looking for and to see if I need to go to the other end of the store before hitting the grocery section. Toward the end of the list in Claude's handwriting was 'henway'. I looked at that for a long time and just couldn't figure out what he was wanting me to pickup. There were two WalMart managers standing in the produce section and I asked them to look at it and see if it rang any bells with them. They had no idea what it could be. I thought Claude was taking a nap and I really didn't want to wake him. His back has been hurting and I thought a good nap with no noise maker around might help. So I determined I would ponder 'henway' as I picked up the other items on the list. I stopped for a prolonged while in the cooler section to just look at 'henway' and see if I could possible come up with what he wanted. I thought perhaps he had misspelled what he was wanting. I couldn't think of a thing except 'Milky Way' that ends with 'way'. So I decided it would just have to be picked up at another time. I hurried home so my ice cream would not melt and then I quickly put the groceries away. Claude was on the sofa resting and took him the list and said, "I got everything but one item and I just was not sure what it was." He took the list and said, "On you what to know what's a 'henway'?" There you have it. Once again I was walking around with 'gullible' plainly printed on my forehead and once again the big guy had me. Go ahead...enjoy the laugh!! (Claude assured me it was about 4-5 lbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment