Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken...Home Style...

I did it! I did it! I really and truly did it!! Yep folks, it has been 2 months since my last cooking event. Tonight I actually cooked dinner myself and cleaned up my own kitchen. A tiny miracle to many but to me it is HUGE. Claude has cooked every meal and washed every dish since before my surgery in March. So tonight it felt extra special great that I actually cooked. I wanted fried chicken, so we thawed some chicken breasts. Claude had been craving deviled eggs, so I boiled eggs. This evening I fried chicken, cooked rice, made fruit salad cups, fixed deviled eggs and made gravy from scratch. We even sat at the breakfast table to eat instead of the living room in front of the TV. Then while we chatted I cleaned my kitchen. Now, tell me, are you hungry for fried chicken and deviled eggs???

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your return to full on domesticity! Sounds like a tasty feast!

    ReplyDelete