Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Claude's Hypothesis...

You know you've watched too many kids shows when... Yesterday evening Claude and I both experienced problems with our computers. We could get our eMail's just fine through Outlook. But every time we tried to logon to our Internet, we got a warning notice from Norton Antivirus saying it had blocked something and then the Internet (that was trying to open and you could see the outline of the page coming on the screen) would close. I tried turning off my computer and turning it on again (the old Windows standby.) I tried checking all my Internet settings in Windows and reading through what seemed like tons of stuff on Windows menus and in Norton settings and menus. I finally determined to do a full system scan and set the computer to that task. Then I headed upstairs to tell Claude I had a computer problem. When I shared my computer adventures with Claude, he told me his was doing the same thing. He had also set his to do a full system scan. We settled into our evening of dinner, my crocheting and watch a bit of TV. It takes FOREVER to do a full system scan. My computer did one last Friday and all was well on that day. Claude's finished before we went to bed. Mine was still going strong when we went to bed. After Claude's computer finished his scan, it showed no virus problems at all. He tried the Internet and it came up fine. This gave me hope that maybe, in the morning, mine would act just like his did. We headed to bed and lay there talking a bit before falling asleep. In the dark Claude said, "Like Buddy, I had a hypothesis." I just burst out laughing. Here we were, two fairly intelligent people and Claude is expressing himself based on a cartoon character on Dinosaur Train. Buddy is a little T-Rex that is hatched in a nest of Truandon's. They just care of him like their other 3 babies. It is a fairly new show and since Hayden loves ALL things trains and is really fascinated with dinosaurs, and his mom and dad have DVR we watched 2 of the Dinosaur Train shows several times over the weekend. It is a good quiet down show before quiet time. At the end of the show Buddy says, "I have a hypothesis" about things. Hence, Claude said, "Like Buddy, I had a hypothesis." I just burst out laughing at my big guy. I could feel his side of the bed shake as he was laughing at the silliness of the situation. Such is your life when you share it with little ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment