Sunday, March 28, 2010

Something Strange Is A Happenin' Here...

This morning we woke at 7am to get ready for meetings before Church. I peeked out the door from our bedroom to the deck. We are out in the country. No on lives to that side of us. And the deck is up one floor from the ground. We do not close the blind for this window that is the length door. It is always fun to peek out in the morning and see if we have any animals roaming our empty lot. However, this morning the peek out the glass revealed a mystery... It was still a little dark but there was the shape of something in the middle of the deck. We don't keep anything in the middle of the deck. But, nonetheless, there was really something out there. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. Yep, there was something and it was the smoker covered in it's plastic cover. I turned to Claude and asked him if he put the smoker in the center of the deck yesterday for some reason. I thought maybe he was checking it for summer usage. Claude assured me he had not moved the smoker. So I asked him, "Why is it in the middle of the deck?" He said he didn't know and he had not touched it. I told him I had not moved it either. This was feeling very weird. I know that Bailey and I peeked out on the deck Friday morning so she could see it was too cold to go out watch the trains. I know the smoker was not in the middle of the deck Friday. We had a really bad wind last night that brought a little bit of rain. It was strong enough to blow something over. But this smoker was not blown over, it was moved about 3 feet, standing upright, and it's cover still on correctly. The big grill at the far end of the deck still had it's cover on correctly. The lightweight plastic end table that sits by the grill was exactly where it should be by the wall. The plastic lawn chairs and glass top picnic table were against the wall and had not moved at all. The only thing out of place was the smoker with it's cover on just as it should be. This was really feeling very weird. Claude suggested one of us was sleepwalking and moved it. Now that is just silly. We got ready and I found my camera. I wanted pictures of where the smoker was for a record. That may seem silly too but it felt like the right thing to do. There was no water on the wood under the smoker so it appears to have been there all during the rain and wind during the night. Years ago while Claude was on a business trip I chose to read "Helter Skelter", a novel about the Manson family and their killing of Sharon Tate and others. "Helter Skelter" was the term for what they would do to frighten people and mess with their brains. They would go into their homes and move things around that would be obvious to the residents when they woke up or returned to their homes. I told Claude I was feeling like 'helter skelter'. He rolled his eyes. But this was really weird. The only other explanation we have is that we have said ever since we moved here that there was another family living in our home that we didn't ever see. When we can't find something we just blame it on this other family. Now I wonder if they might not really exist. In reality we said the same thing about our home in Maryland. When we got home from Church I immediately checked the deck. The smoker was in it's place where Claude moved it back to. I have no real explanation but I just have to say once again...this is really weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment