Sunday, July 18, 2010

Though a Child's Eyes...

Katelyn and I went in to Church early this morning with Claude. We had a pleasant time reading in our Book of Mormon while Claude was in early meetings. We finished with Katelyn reading her Sunday School lesson and me reading some more in my Old Testament. It was just pleasant to be there and enjoy the quiet in the chapel.

As it neared time for sacrament meeting to begin, a family in our ward with 3 little kids and a baby came in and sat on the pew in front of us. Claude came in from his meeting and sat beside me. Then Papa came in and sat next to Katelyn.

I was reading in Hosea and came to a verse that used the phrase 'ancient ones'. It had a footnote so I checked that out and it defined 'ancient ones' as 'elders'. I thought that was of note since Papa just sat with us. So I nudged Katelyn and had her read the verse. Then I said, "That is Papa." She grinned and then had to tell Papa. He got a chuckle out of it.

Then the father of the little family in front of us turned to Papa and said, "Our son just looked at you (Papa) and said, 'Look Daddy, one of the Prophets is sitting behind us!!'"

Papa is definitedly one of the 'ancient ones' (elders) and, to a little child, the oldest man in our ward looks like a prophet. It was a cute start to our morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment