Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And Now We Begin Anew...

Monday I began trying to figure out what 'normal' now is.

My visiting teacher, Jessica Wilde, came for a visit. She brings her two little girls. This was their 3rd visit. The girls came in and as soon as I said, "Do you want to go downstairs?" this time they agreed heartily. They enjoy playing with all the grandmonster toys and Jessie and I can sit at the card table and talk. She brought me a wonderful air freshener for my birthday last month. I truly enjoy her visits.

I spent the afternoon with my parents.

First I met Papa at the nursing home and visited with mom as he finished feeding her lunch.

Next, we went to Papa's apartment to leave his car. I also took the opportunity to open the picture files I sent him the night before and save the ones he wanted. This frees up his mailbox for me to send the ones of the nursing home.

We had lunch at Arby's before going to Kohl's. We purchased new clothes and shoes for Mimi. I showed Papa Bonnie's trick of walking with those rolling baskets they have. He was so happy to learn this trick as it helped his hips not to hurt so much. He enjoyed helping me pick out some things for Mimi. He had also never been in Kohl's and found it an interesting store. He is not a shopper by nature but he was really cute with what he thought Mimi would like and what he wanted her to look good in.

Then it was back to his apartment to go over a Social Security issue that came in his mail.

I also collected his bank statements for a visit to a lawyer next week about matters.

Then we picked out and practiced songs for Wednesday to sing at the nursing home.

We also worked through some issues he was having with his Direct TV service. He tried to delete some channels with them to save on costs and then got a bill with the channels still listed. After printing some stuff from the Internet about their various packages, checking what he actually could see and could not now see on his TV, and then calling and verifying what transactions Direct TV had listed for him, I think we have a bit of a handle on the problem.

That done, I was ready to head for home. It was a full Monday, I was still very tired and I'm not feeling really perky and healthy. I took my computer upstairs and Claude turned on the TV. We settled in for an evening of me doing some computer work for Friends of Sadieville and Claude watching TV. I hit the bed at 10pm. That is least 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier than my usual bedtime. But rest was what my old body wanted so rest is what I determined to give it as best I could.

Tuesday, today, started with a Friends of Sadieville meeting. I'm the chair of this non-profit group. We had a good, very productive meeting. We are planning the 'Comin' Home' event to celebrate Sadieville's 130th birthday. This will be an all day event on October 9th.

I had two visiting teaching appointments set up. Claude went with me as he is also the home teacher. We visited the Brunty's first. Then we visited Linda Speakes next.

We headed home about 3pm. I was just exhausted. We got home and I crawled into my bed and under my covers and slept until 4:30pm.

Tonight I'm getting this blogging thing caught up a bit. It is my journal and I really don't want to forget these things. I enjoy having this bit of my history to review.

I do want to include a couple of pictures given to me by Hayden and Bailey in tonight's blog.

Bailey gave me this one on Saturday, August 14th when we were taking care of her. She drew it herself. Not sure what it is but I really love the colors she has chosen.
Hayden made this one and gave it to me Friday, August 20th. I heard him over a phone conversation Andie and I were having last week saying he wanted to give Ma and Pa a gift for their pillows. We ordered them smooshie pillows that are body length. Hayden loved his and wanted to say thank you. Andie responded that he could make something for us. This picture was his gift to say thank you. He drew turtles!!! Yeah. He did a very good job of it also.
I'm sitting here at the end of a full summer, trying to find my way back to whatever the current 'norm' is, and just feeling very, very grateful for my family. Life is a struggle for all of us in so many ways. It is good to know that, no matter what our differences of opinion may be, we still love each other as a family. We still put those differences aside to celebrate and enjoy special moments with each other. For this I feel eternally grateful.

Now I'm going to sleep....AGAIN!!!  Do you think I'm going to sleep through my 60's???

No comments:

Post a Comment