Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wednesday Was Full...

Wednesday, August 11th was another full day for me.

It was Hayden's first day of kindergarten. I thought about our little guy all day and hoped he was having a successful first day.

Quarterly the nursing home has a meeting with the families of each resident to share their concerns and successes and to give the family members a chance to ask questions and share their feelings and concerns. Wednesday was the day for this appointment at 1:45pm. I did all I could at home before heading to the nursing home. I got there at exactly 1:45 and Papa's car was not there. I parked my car and called him on my cell phone. He had fed mom the hour before and forgot about this appointment. He hurried over and we had a nice visit with the nursing home staff.

Mimi is doing fine. They would rather she didn't have to be in the wheelchair all the time but they don't worry about her falling. She can't walk without help anymore and really needs the wheelchair. They were appreciative of all Papa does and any help I can give. We were able to express our gratitude for the love and care they give my mother. I never wanted to use a nursing home for my parents. Such horror stories we hear about them. But this particular nursing home breaks that stereotypical mold to pieces. I'm ever so grateful my mother resides there. I often feel it may be part of the reason we felt we should move to Kentucky.

I had a little time to run an errand I needed to do in town before returning to the nursing home to sing with Papa.

Then I had a hurried dinner from Arby's. There were enormous rain clouds rolling in very quickly. I got my food at the drive-thru and drove to the area of the Church to eat my dinner in my car while the rain poured down again.

I did get a quick call in to Hayden after my dinner and before my meeting to see how his first day of kindergarten went. The little guy was flyin' high and bouncin' off walls. I caught him as his family was going to Steak & Shake for a 1st day of school dinner.

The evening was spent at the Church with my presidency having our monthly presidency meeting. I just love these ladies. We are planning a wonderful event in October for all the sisters in Relief Society titled 'Circle of Sisters'. We had great fun during this particular meeting working on the handouts we are giving to each sister. What a pleasure it is for me to have these great ladies in my life at this particular time. I know it is a blessing and tender mercy from my Heavenly Father.

On the way home I picked up Frosty's for Claude and Katelyn. They were happy to have 'guy food' for dinner since I wasn't home. They like things spicier than I do and they relish the opportunity to enjoy those meals when I'm not home. They are going to miss each other terribly in another week when Katelyn goes back to Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment