Monday, August 9, 2010

Thursday and They're Off and Running...

Thursday, July 29th, we got Katelyn to work on time and then had  a few hours to get things ready for our trip.  Yes, that's right folks, we were goin' on a road trip for a few days. Claude and I packed and prepared the house to be left for a few days. Then we headed to pick up Katelyn.

Imagine my surprised when we pulled up and Detta Wilson's car was parked in front of City Hall. It was my first big clue something was afoot at the Circle K (alias...City Hall). It turned out Cindy, the City Clerk, and Katelyn prepared a birthday surprise for Detta and me. What fun!!! A card and a little cake to take on our journey to celebrate. The cake had a little 'crab' on top in lieu of the crab feast I would miss since we were not headed to Washington, DC this year. It was a nice beginning to this birthday weekend for me and for Detta. Thank you Cindy and Katelyn!!

Then we piled in my little red car and Claude headed it toward Lexington. He had one meeting to attend to before we could actually buggy on down the road. Katelyn and I found a Sonic and had some lunch while Claude went to his meeting. Katelyn had been wanting to try a foot long chili dog. I told her Mimi & Papa loved those and introduced me to Sonic. She was able to enjoy this treat and we had a chance to chat for a bit. Then we headed to find a gas station to fill up for the road trip. Then back to the Blue Grass A.D.D. building to pick up Claude.

Claude joined us and drove us to Evansville, Indiana for our first stop. We had a nice room at the Holiday Inn Express for FREE!! Yep, I used my points with Holiday Inn and had one free night.

Dinner this night was at a Denny's that was just like a diner from long ago. It was within walking distance it felt good to stretch our legs after riding for several hours. We enjoyed our meals and then headed back to the Holiday Inn Express.
Now for a good nights rest because Friday would be a very early rise time to get on down to St. Louis and be real touristas!

No comments:

Post a Comment