Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Fairly Successful Day...

Today I had several things on my "really want to get accomplished today" list. I got all but one of them done. I'll tackle it first thing in the morning.

I now have my final load of apple slices in the dehyrator.  And I had enough apples for one more bag of slices in the freezer for pies. I'm done with apples for 2010. I have a friend with pears that are ripe on her tree and I will get some of those next week and see what fun things I can do with them.

I got Papa's quilt washed and hung out on lawn chairs on the deck to dry. This quilt is a special one. For my parents 40th anniversary I sent squares of white fabric to my sisters and had them get pink and blue craft paint. They placed their daughters hands in pink paint and pressed it in the center of a white square for each of them. They placed their sons hands in blue paint and pressed it in the center of a white square for each of them. Then they pressed the square with an iron to set the paint. The squares for each grandchild were returned to me and I made a quilt out of the squares. We then sent that to Mimi and Papa for their 40th anniversary present. It has all their grandchildren's handprints except Mike's. He was not born then I believe. There is a blank white square for him though. After a very careful washing, I determined that air drying was better than heat drying for this one-of-a-kind blanket. Then I was able to return it to Papa this afternoon.

I labeled all the clothes we got for Mimi this week with her name. I got them to the nursing home, cleaned out her two drawers and her closet of old stuff and replaced it with the new things.

I visited the bank, Papa's computer, and then Community Based Services to try and keep Mimi's coverage for the nursing home for one more year. This should meet all their requirements for this year. I'll call tomorrow to be sure Mimi's case worker got the paperwork she needed that I left for her this afternoon.

I sang with Papa at the nursing home.

I posted pictures on Facebook.

I had a nice dinner out with my hubby. We decided to return to Appleby's. Haven't been there in some time. We both ordered dinners that were chicken based. We decided to try an appetizer we had never had before. It was Won Ton Tacos. We got the pork ones since we were having chicken already for our meals. These were just delicious. I would highly recommend them. They would make a nice dinner in and of themselves. Claude and I both agreed Katelyn would have loved this appetizer. Yep...we miss her!!

So it has been a full but good day. I'm going to disconnect this computer from it's power source here in my sewing room in the basement and wander upstairs with it. I'll work on my Blog history while Claude and I watch a couple of TV shows together. I decided to copy all my Blog entries since I started my Blog and save them as individual Word files. I've got them all copied. Now I have to finish editing them.

So it should be a nice ending to a day that has earned a bit of rest at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment