Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sweet 'Taters...

I haven't had time to blog in a while but will do so next week. However, I had to type a recipe to save that I got at my Countryside Homemakers Meeting on October 6th. It is an absolutely wonderful way to prepare and serve sweet potatoes. So I thought I would at least put this wonderful recipe out there until I can really sit down and blog next week. It is very timely with fall, Thanksgiving and having to take dishes for potluck meals. Enjoy!!

Sweet Potato Souffle

Hazel Mulberry’s Recipe

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1½ cups milk
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup melted butter


Mix first 7 ingredients (mixing will be easier if sweet potatoes are heated first). Pour into a 9” x 13” baking dish.


To make topping, mix brown sugar and flour well and sprinkle over the potato mixture. Grind pecans and sprinkle over the sugar mixture. Dirzzle melted butter over the pecans. Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment