Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Pajama Mornin'...

This morning I could have slept in...but I didn't. Claude had to be up at 7am (I know that is late for many people but time can be a relative thing) so I got up when he did. However, I get to have a pajama morning. Gotta love a cold morning and staying in comfy warm PJ's.

I'm getting my wash done, changing linens on my bed (or trying to), and doing a few fun things on my computer to start my morning. My computer was upstairs on the breakfast room table this morning. As I was working on it, I realized the sun was starting to come up.

I first woke up at 6:30am to a starry sky and total fog under the blanket of stars. When I say 'total fog' that is a perfect description. The train came across and I could hear it but see absolutely nothing.

Now I'm sitting at the breakfast room table and the sun is beginning to try and make it's appearance. At first the only thing I noticed was this large bank of clouds behind Sadieville. It was like a huge wall. You could tell there was now clear sky above it but it still was not quite bright enough to see anything but lots of fog, then this cloud bank and then dark sky.

I continued playing on my computer and then looked out the breakfast room window to see white tips on the top of the cloud bank. It was just thrilling to realize I could watch this fun sunrise in Sadieville. I decided to opt out of leaving my breakfast room spot, grab my camera, and take a few pictures of this beauty. Every few minutes I would jump up from the table and take a few pictures.

Some of the neat things I enjoyed were the fog between here and Sadieville as I looked toward Sadieville Christian Church. This time of year the leaves are off the trees and you can see the top of the church. To the right of this was the white tips on top of the cloud bank.

I also enjoyed the trees on the other side of the creek begin to show up as a little more light became available and as the fog started to lift a little with the sun. You could see tree tops through fog. Way cool.

There was even a tiny cloud puff right at the top of the cloud bank where the sun was going to come up. At first I was sure it was a star, then I realized it was just a bit of the cloud.

It made a delightful start to a morning when I didn't have to get up and run to do things. I just love a pajama morning with a great sunrise.

Here are some pictures as the morning progressed.
There, now I'm ready to go on with what looks to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment