Thursday, January 13, 2011

Laugh-a-Day...

On New Year's Day an edition of the Georgetown News-Graphic was published. They asked 'leading citizens' about their thoughts on the new year. Evidently they asked Claude. His response..."I'm going to make Mrs. Christensen laugh once every day."

I got a chuckle out of just reading it on New Year's Day so he was one for one on that day.

Everyday I have laughed at least once (really more than that) about something Claude has said. During our trip to Las Vegas there was one particularly funny moment that I would like to remember. I hope it doesn't lose the humor in the telling but I'll always remember the laugh we shared when I re-read this little story.

We stayed at the Tropicana in a new tower of the hotel. Everything was new and I'm sure they were just working some of the kinks out. We were on the 18th floor. I wanted to be able to see the lights. We did have a great view of the lights. Not of the Las Vegas Boulevard but of McCarron Airport. But it was a beautiful room and a gorgeous view none-the-less. Sunset hitting mountains is always a great view.

The little item they had to correct in our room was the electric power in the bathroom. The second night it was out. We had power in the bedroom and hallway but none in the bathroom. In the morning we awoke and still no power there. We had ample light for showering when we opened the windows and turned on the hallway light. We used the blow dryer and curling iron in the bedroom. I called the front desk after we were dressed and told them they might want to address that during the day while we were gone. Within minutes it was fixed. They must have tripped a breaker switch or something. We had a call back to our room before we could even leave asking if the fix worked.

The same thing would happen the next morning as well and they quickly resolved the problem.

The funny was the first time it happened. I went into the bathroom to take my shower and wondered about getting hot water. I mentioned it to Claude and he said they were totally different systems and my hot water should be there. Then he went on to explain that it was like the systems in your body. Like the endocrine system and the digestive system. By then I was in stitches laughing. It was like have a grown up Hayden explaining how these things work to me. Claude heard me laughing and he started to laugh.

He was one for one in the laugh department that day for sure. He has managed to get his laugh out of me every day. I might be an easy mark in that department though.

No comments:

Post a Comment