Thursday, January 13, 2011

Puzzlement...

Every year we make a puzzle at Christmas. My mother was a puzzle makin' kind of lady. There were three of us girls and we would sit with my mom and work on a puzzle after Christmas dinner each year.

Because I have a bit of a 'compulsive' side to my nature, I steer clear of making puzzles except for this one time each year. This year Andie found our puzzle at a consignment sale.

After Christmas dinner we cleared the dining room table and pulled out the puzzle. Michael came to join Andie and me. I pulled the Lindt Truffles from their hiding place (special candy with properties guaranteed to add enjoyment to the puzzlin' process).

Then Michael looked at the picture on the box and groaned. He was anticipating a picture of something. This puzzle was a picture of something but it was a picture of all colors of yarn. Not a beautiful scene from nature. To top it off this lovely puzzle was not cut in your normal 'inny-outy' pieces. They were funny shapes and did not fit square together. It was also giganorous. It was too big to fit on the neat new puzzle making board Andie bought. Andie and I would press on with the moments we had to work.

Needless to say, when the Marx family left December 26th, the outline of the puzzle was all we really had completed. There was some organizing of some colors and a few clusters put together of those colors. But there was a lot left to do.

I left the puzzle on the table and did some on it on New Year's Eve and at times before our trip. When we got back from our trip I spent that Saturday finishing the puzzle. It still resides on the dining room table. I haven't the heart to tear it apart yet. But I have taken this picture to always remember it in it's finished state.  Enjoy!!

1 comment: