Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter...

This Easter was indicative the passage of time.

I awoke earlier than needed so I could do that hour of exercises on my shoulder. As I did the exercises and watched the sun working its way further in the sky, I realized there were no colored Easter eggs in my home, there were no baskets filled with goodies for little ones to come and find. I felt a little sad about that. While Easter is clearly not about baskets full of goodies or colored eggs, they do make for some extra energy and fun in a home.

I had purchased a new blouse I could wear with the scarf we got at Caribelle Batik while on our cruise in January. That would be my 'Easter outfit'.

After I was all ready and about to leave, I received a call from my father. He was very dizzy and was not going to attend church that morning. He just didn't want me to worry. We determined it might be the new pain medication his doctor has prescribed for him. He just started taking it. I read the information about the drug on the Internet the night before and knew this might be one of the side effects. Papa assured me he was okay alone, he just didn't feel like he could be out and about that dizzy. I assured Papa I would be there in the afternoon to check on him and I'd keep my cell phone close so he could call if his situation changed at all.

We had a nice Easter program at church. I played the piano for the choir to sing their two numbers. After teaching my Sunday School lesson I skipped Relief Society so I could get to the nursing home to feed mom. I really didn't want Papa trying to do that if he was dizzy.

Mimi at well and ate quite quickly for her. She was in good spirits and chuckled a time or two and rattled off some phrases that only meant something to her.

Then I went to check on Papa. He was well enough that we picked out some songs for singing in the nursing home on Wednesday. His dizziness was subsiding a little. We discussed what he was taking and the information I read on the Internet about his new drug. He is going to take it less frequently but still steadily to help him and that will hopefully work to dull his pain and keep him not so dizzy.

I headed out to Sadieville for a quiet rest of my day. No children. No Easter baskets. But a good day nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment