Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Papa...

Papa really wanted take a car ride. He loves driving and looking at the country side. The plan was for me to pick Tiny, his dog, up on my way back from Frankfort Friday evening. I would keep Tiny Friday night, Saturday and return her Sunday morning when I went to Georgetown for church. That was the plan...

Saturday morning the weather forecast was for very bad storms during the afternoon and evening. The morning support that forecast by being overcast and looking threatening. Papa called and said he was not going on his ride. I told him I would keep Tiny still and return her Sunday morning. He said he would feed Mimi.

In the early afternoon I received a phone call from Papa. It seems Jim Parker, a single friend from Church, showed up at his apartment and they determined they would go for that ride. The sun had come out and they felt hopeful and ready to roll. Papa was, dare I say, gleeful.

After several hours I received my third phone call of the day from Papa. He and Jim had a perfectly wonderful drive, the storm was obviously going to come in the evening but didn't interfere with their drive at all. He was just brimming with joy.

This was the best way this scenario could have ever happened. It is very satisfying to have Papa enjoy himself so very much. Thanks Jim for being there at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment