Monday, May 7, 2012

Released...

It is official as of today. I will not be seeing the physical therapist for my arm any more. I'm on my own now to try and finish the healing process.

I am, truthfully, a little concerned. The week of my last physical therapy appoint (one week ago) I was in a great deal of pain in my left arm and shoulder. I have spent the last week mostly letting my arm try to not hurt when doing nothing. My poor right arm is beginning to be tired of all this extra work load.

But this week I'm feeling less pain and trying to do my exercises again with lighter weights and stretchy bands with less resistance. So that makes me hopeful.

I understand the process the physical therapists have gone through in just getting movement first, then adding strengthening exercises. I've learned how they start with just a few times doing an exercise and then increase the number of exercises and the weights tightness of the stetchy bands. I've also learned it is easier to do some exercises while laying down or using the wall or a table. The way to make it most difficult is without any of these supports. So I believe I know the skill set needed to continue this therapy on my own.

What I really need is patience in the process. I'm guessing that is a good lesson for me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment