Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Feel Thrifty, Oh So Thrifty...

I feel thirty and witty and bright, and I'm happy with the things that make my home just right...

Did you sing along with that one?

Here's the reason I'm singing...
We are blessed to have a bathroom in our pantry. I needed to replace the hand towels in that room.

While in Kohl's I browsed the linen section and came across these hand towels that were a nice color for where I wanted them and they were on the really, really bargain shelf. "They were only $3 each. I purchased them.

When I got home, I searched my basket with lace and trim I've collected over the years. I found this piece of interesting trim and there was just enough to add to each of my plain hand towels. I stitched this trim on and am very happy with the results. At Kohl's they were selling handtowels with trim like this for $25 a towel!!! Good grief that is excessive. My $12 for the lot towels are just as nice and I have the satisfaction of knowing I did some of it all by myself for our home.

I feel 'thrifty'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment