Saturday, October 6, 2012

Takin' Care of My Boys...

This year my boys, Claude & Papa, each had that lovely medical procedure called a colonoscopy. I was the care giver for each as they went through this experience. Claude's was on May 22nd and Papa's was October 2nd. Fortunately, I did not have to have one. Thank heaven for tender mercies!!

I have been torn about posting about this. It is a fact of caring for one's health. But I wouldn't want to deliberately be insensitive to either of my guys. However, I did take a picture of each of them before they went in for their procedures. Aren't they just the cutest??
As fate would have it, they both had the same doctor and were in the same room before this procedure. Dr. Robbins is a very good doctor and took great care of each of them.

They each did fine. I was particularly concerned with Papa. He is 84 years old. They don't usually do a colonoscopy on a person in that age bracket. But there were enough concerns till it was determined the procedure needed to be done. Claude goes back in 5 years for another. Papa doesn't have to have anymore unless his doctor really thinks he needs one.

Caring for these two important men in my life is a lot of work sometimes. But they love me and care for me right back. That my friends is the true circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment