Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Super Saturday...

Saturday, November 10th would be a full day for Claude and me. I had an Inservice meeting for all seminary and institute teachers in the morning. Claude received an eMail that the Georgetown Ward Relief Society needed priesthood holders to be at the church through the day while they held their Super Saturday activity. Claude responded that he would be happy to do that. So our morning started with us each heading in different directions to eventually meet up as the day progressed.

My Inservice meeting was at the Alumni Stake Center. I got there dressed in my Sunday-go-to-meeting duds. I entered the Relief Society room where the meeting was to be held and found myself a seat on the front row table at the end. I pulled out my paper scriptures and set them on the table. Then I pulled out my spiral notebook and pen to take notes. I was ready. They needed someone to play the piano for an opening hymn. I volunteered to do that. When I returned to my seat from the piano I noticed it. Other than the teacher, I was the only one in Sunday-go-to-meeting duds. Not only that, I was the only one with paper scriptures and paper and pen for taking notes. Everyone else had their scriptures on their cell phones or an electronic tablet of some kind. I suddenly felt that weight of my age and generation. It is truly a different age in which we now live.

Our Inservice meeting was really, really good. Lots of good instruction on teaching techniques. A very strong positive feeling was there to lift us up and prepare us to go forward and teach these young people.

After Inservice I headed back to Georgetown via the Sonic to get a soda for the rest of my day. I arrived at our meetinghouse to find the cultural hall filled with tables and supplies and ladies a whir completing projects. Claude walked through and I asked him if he was amazed and he definitely was. My projects were 5 little simple nativity sets. I made one for me, one for each of my three kids, and one for my mum-in-law.
We left about 3:30 to head to Nicholasville, Kentucky again. We were there the Saturday before for a funeral. This time we were headed to the same location for a memorial. Our city clerk's granddaughter, Lily passed away Thursday, November 1st, from brain cancer. She was about 7 years old. The family had her cremated and held this memorial service and time for friends and family to visit. We were there to support Cindy and Billy and meet the family.

Claude treated us to dinner at Zaxby's on the way home.

This time we remembered to stop in Georgetown and pick up Claude's Jeep. It was after 6pm when we got there and the ladies were still cleaning up after the Super Saturday activity. Such dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment