Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nearing June...

I received a notice from the Blogger people a couple of weeks ago. The notice stated they were changing their rating structure for storing pictures in June. Yuck!!

I have been Blogging for a while now.  I started with free picture storage.

At some point a few years ago, I had enough memory used in storage of pictures that I was asked to pay an annual fee to store my pictures. There were several plans available. I picked a plan that met my needs and have faithfully paid my annual storage fee of $5 for 20 GB of storage. I felt that should hold me for a while. As of today I have only used a little over 7% of the 20GB.

The recent notice regarding a June change in storage contracts from Blogger gave some options that were only monthly options. The least expensive one was $2.50/month. Simple math tells me that every two months I will now be paying what I have for an annual fee for several years or six times what I pay now annually. That is quite a big leap. This does not make me happy!!

I post this to state my frustration at this expense. Will one $2.50/month wreck my budget? No. That is not my point. It is all the people wanting to add their $2.50/month that kills a budget. It just sneaks up on us and before we know it we realize it is just too much.

I also post this to alert those who may follow this Blog that, if Blogger sends me another notice and I have to Blog at $2.50/month, I will cease to add to this Blog. I have other options out there that are not public and do not require an additional charge. I will choose one of them and go private with my thoughts.

I have appreciated the Blogging experience. I've always wanted to keep a journal and never been good at it. The Blogging experience has let me do that as I can and I am grateful. Through these years, each Blogging entry has been converted to a Word file and I have them all safely saved on my computer and printed in binders for each year of my Blogging. I may have even formed that habit of recording personal experiences and feelings so that I will continue without the Blogging forum.

There, just wanted to put that out there. Now...I will wait and see if they send me another notice in June...

No comments:

Post a Comment