Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Mother...

Virginia Mae Fisch was born June 9, 1929. Tomorrow would have been her 84th birthday. I won't have time tomorrow to do a Blog post, so I determined to do it tonight. Just to remember my mom with a few pictures I have of her.
 
This is Mom in cap and gown for graduation. She was valedictorian of her little class in Louisiana. She graduated when high school only went to the 11th grade. She entered school a year early so she graduated a year before she normally would have.
The is my mother at the family home in Starks, Louisiana at the tender age of 16. She was ready to leave home and try life on her own.
This picture is Papa's all time favorite. It is on his living room wall right across from his chair and he looks at it all the time. They were married in 1949 and this picture was taken right after they were married.
In 1961 Mom's parents and brother with his family came to visit us in Shreveport, Louisiana. This picture was taken in our back yard on East Herndon Avenue. From left to right:  Virginia Mae Fisch Lawrence, Laura Cordelia Fisch, Clarence Clifford Fisch, Clifford Fisch. 
This picture was taken in 1950. I know that because that is my Mom and I am the baby she is holding.  I think she is happy to have me as her firstborn baby. 
This picture was taken in 1992 as a Christmas gift from my parents to their girls. I cropped my mom's picture out of it to use for her obituary. Gotta love that smile.
We are one month shy of my mother's passing. How grateful to have had her for my mother. Happy Birthday Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment