Saturday, May 2, 2015

A few things...

Our son, Jacob, applied for and was accepted to attend the 25th Anniversary of the Hubble Telescope in Washington, DC. Jake is a NASA and Space enthusiast. He has been to one of these NASA events a few years back and was truly happy to be accepted again.  They usually spread the joy of this around as there is a limited number of participants.  Jake had a weeks vacation and it timed out exactly with this trip.  After it was over, Jake did his blog entries. As he was going through things he came across this official NASA image from from the event. Jake eMailed it to Claude and me and asked, "Can you see me in this photo?"  It took me about two seconds to find my boy!  Jacob is sitting on the second row from the front on the left end holding his iPad. Now is that just cool or what?!?!  Proud mom moment.
Andie, our daughter, found a pattern for making yard dominoes.  She thought that would be great fun for the Mini's and forwarded the idea to her dad along with instructions for making a giant Jenga game.  Claude took the idea and ran with it.  He has cut the wood for both games.  The dominoes are sanded and stained.  I have punched out the white dots for the dominoes.  We have to adhere the dots and then put a clear sealer over the top.  This work is all taking place in the workshop in the basement.  

Friday I went into the basement to show Claude something while he was walking the treadmill, which is also in the workshop. Claude said, "Look at the table."  I looked at the work table.  I couldn't see what he wanted me to see.  That old phrase 'can't see the forest for the trees' applies here.  Claude is diligently trying to walk and looking back over his right shoulder and nodding toward the table saying, "Look at the table."  I'm still not seeing it.  Then...the light went on, the eyes focused and I saw it!!
This man is on a roll.  These are the big dominoes stained and ready for dots, but serving a higher purpose for a moment.  

One more thing...our bird update.  Thursday, April 30th, I took a day at home to try and accomplish all the things piling up there.  Claude had meetings in the morning.  While the garage door was open for him to go to his meeting, I decided to check on our baby birds.
They are looking more like birds than little lumps of flesh.  Their heads are bobbing around. I'll take another picture soon as I think this growth process goes fairly quickly from here and I'm sure I won't see them fly away.  Sort of like missing your child's first steps.  I hope they fly away.  Last year, the first nest full of babies at Papa's front porch we found on the driveway dead.  We think some critter must have gotten to them because they didn't even have feathers to try and fly with.  So, my hope is these little ones get their wings and fly successfully away.  I really don't want to find dead baby birds on my front porch. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment