Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Have Arrived!!!

Today is the day.  Sixty-five years ago today my dear mother was giving birth to her first baby.  How happy they must have been that I was sent to bless their home!!  That is not said with conceit, just knowing that they loved me and were truly happy to have this little bundle in their home. 
When I was younger, I thought I would not live into my thirties. Not sure why I thought that, but I really believed I wouldn't live longer than that. Now look at me.  Sixty-five today. I am officially OLD!!  Medicare kicks in.  I receiving Social Security. Yep. I'm officially over that 'young' threshold and into 'very mature' adulthood. 

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I slept in until I wanted to get out of bed. That turned out to be 7:30am. Yeah me!!  I came downstairs and played my computer games to wake up my brain.  I've order Papa's some of the meds he needs.  I've walked my treadmill and showered. I found that the 'birthday fairy' (a.k.a. Claude) did the dishes for me. Such a wonderful gift. Now I'm going to blog a bit. This afternoon Claude and I will go checking out new mattresses before having a really nice dinner in Lexington. That is one nice birthday.

I don't usually broadcast my birthday. Prefer it to be quiet and to myself. But today I feel just great that I've made it to sixty-five. I even lost a pound when I weighed myself this morning. My stars must be in alignment, my bio-rhythms in sync, my karma at it's best. But most importantly, I truly feel the love of my Heavenly Father today.  I just knelt by my chair in my sewing room this morning and thanked him for all his many blessings.  And, I meant it.

Tomorrow, reality will set it. Back to the normal schedule. But today, I will just enjoy those things that bring me joy and a quiet dinner with my Big Guy Clauda. Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment