Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Three Cold Tales...

First Cold Tale:

I received a Facebook post on April 5th from Diane Campisi George. We met Diane during our Gold Wing Road Rider days. She was a Chapter Director while Claude was the Maryland State Director. She road her own Gold Wing and was single when we met. She eventually married Bob George, the Delaware State Director, and they have been happily married ever since. We have remained friends via Facebook and Christmas correspondence. 

I had a HUGE goal to go through the box of pictures from our days with GWRRA, scan them, save the ones we might want and mail the others off to places they might be enjoyed. I managed to get through the project. I ended up with two boxes of pictures and mailed the one with pictures of anything that happened in Region B to Diane. The other box was things that happened at the National level. Claude became the National Director of Leadership Training and created an entire training program for the officers of GWRRA and eventually the general membership as well. Those pictures I mailed to the National Office in Phoenix. I did all this the first part of this year. I had some Omaha Steak boxes that were just the right size for these stacks of pictures. I used them to mail to Diane and the National Office.

Here is Diane's Facebook message to me:
     "Got home from 3 mos in FL last night. Neighbor picked up our mail while we were gone and left a 2' X 3' box full in our kitchen because he had to go to Annapolis. Bob went next door to check on his wife today and she had forgotten to give us a package she had in her freezer. Came in the mail, she said, and since it said "Omaha Steaks" on it, she didn't want them to spoil! Now why would Claude and Sandi send us Omaha steaks? Then we opened it. With all the unloading and unpacking today, I haven't looked at them yet, but THANK YOU! Thought you'd get a kick out of this. She's 83 and was just taking care of the package for us."

I totally enjoyed the laugh this message from Diane gave me. 

Second Cold Tale:

Last Saturday we started feeling cold in the house. Then Claude and I received text messages on our phones. It seems that lovely new HVAC unit we installed last year was not working properly. Claude started checking things and then we started plugging in space heaters. Claude called the HVAC people and he said he would come out Sunday afternoon. Turns out he had a bad sinus infection and was just starting medication for it. That was fine, we could deal with the space heaters. 

I got home from Papa's Sunday evening and found Claude and the repairman moving up and down the stairs checking things in the basement and upstairs with the thermostat. Bottom line...some 'board' that is very significant was not working anymore. He would get the right part and be back Monday evening. 

Monday evening I got home and he was just finishing up. We are back to normal. again. So very happy this didn't happen while Andie and the Mini's were here for Spring break.

Third Cold Tale:

So...what would you do if you were offered a free banana split?  Here's what I did...

I stopped at Dairy Queen for a late lunch. Just as I was finishing lunch the cashier came to me with a banana split and said that after it was made they were told they couldn't eat pineapple. He said I could have it for free. I only thought a few seconds before I said yes. Haven't had a banana split in ages. It was delicious.

So there you have it. It is Springtime in Kentucky and we are cold. But they assure use that by the weekend we will be sunny and in the 70's. Yippee!! Just in time for Sadieville Clean-up Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment