Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bailey's Boot Camp...

Bailey loves to perform. She is just uninhibited when she is on stage. In Crestwood, Kentucky, there is an old church that has been re-purposed as the Arts Center. It is a beehive of activity. This time, Bailey attended a Boot Camp for theater. Friday, March 24th, was Bailey's final class. After the class they were going to do a performance for family and friends. Claude and I made the journey to attend this very brief performance.

The music was mostly from The Lion King. Bailey had the part of Zazu. She chose to wear a blue T-shirt so she was as close to Zazu as she could be. Such fun to watch her act her part to the fullest. Lots of fun music and so there was lots of singing and dancing. The girl loves to dance and is getting quite good a learning steps. 

Here are a few pictures of our Bailey in full acting mode. Look for the blue T-shirt and black leggings on a girl with very long legs.
When they finished their performance they were all quite proud of what they did. They laughed and hugged each other and squealed with delight. It was like they were all the very best of friends. 

I was having trouble getting my camera to cooperate. So I handed it to Hayden to run as he saw fit and I grabbed my cell phone. When the performance was over, I noticed Hayden had taken three very interesting pictures. They were of me, Claude and Hayden...only they were reflections of each of us in the mirror behind the performers. You see, the room this was done in is the 'gym' and it doubles as the dance studio. Hayden was sitting on the floor at my feet and opted to try this form of photography. That boy cracks me up!
We'll be back in LaGrange Tuesday evening. Bailey will have her Performing Arts Club play at Buckner Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment