Sunday, March 26, 2017

Filling up a Weekend...

Yesterday was Saturday and we had a day at home...mostly. 

My goal was to clean my home. I waited until Claude was awake before I started my banging and moving around the house. Then I got things really moving. Laundry was started and I set up the ironing board. I had ironing from the previous weeks laundry and needed to get it done. While I did laundry I worked on that ironing. Then I just ironed whatever was in each load of laundry as it was completed. Poor ironing board stayed up all day.

I also started the oven cleaning. I kept smelling something different while I was ironing and couldn't figure out how one little iron could make that much of a fragrance. Then I realized it was the oven cleaning itself. Silly Moi!

I also sprayed down our bathroom shower to clean it. 

Claude was to meet Mike Mizell, a city commissioner, to go inside the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church. Mike is new to the city commission and wanted to see what needs to be down as we work on restoring this historic landmark. Claude asked me if I wanted to come along and give a feminine perspective. Into the Jeep we got and away we went to meet Mike. Had a nice walk-thru. Made some plans and noted some concerns about the building. I took a few pictures of the building. Love this building and the Rosenwald School.
Then it was back to the house to complete those things I started previously. We paused to eat dinner at 6pm. Then we busied ourselves until time for the General Women's Broadcast on BYU-TV. Excellent broadcast. A couple of my favorite thoughts were:

  1. Carol F. McConkie, 1st Counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency: She quoted from 1 Chronicles 16:29 "Worship the Lord in the 'beauty of holiness". What wonderful phrasing. She also stated that 'holiness' is a 'gift of the Spirit'. 
  2. Pres. Henry B. Eyring, 1st Counselor in the 1st Presidency: "Those who do not see their weakness do not progress." Love that!
We stayed up a bit after the Broadcast but headed to be a little early. It would be another very early day today.

Claude was out the door by 6:45am. I was waking up at 6:45am. Today was our firstborn child, Nissa's birthday. She turns 46 years old today. Amazing. I spent a few minutes posting a birthday greeting on Facebook with a couple of pictures from her childhood. Then I was off to pick up Papa for Church.

I called Papa at 7:30am to remind him about Church and give him plenty of time to get dressed. I got to his apartment at 9:05am. I knocked really loud on his door as is my habit. He didn't respond so I let myself in as is my habit. When I entered the living room, there stood my poor father with his unbuttoned shirt on and he was trying to get into a pair of pants. Yike!! I quickly covered my eyes and made my way to the kitchen. I kept myself busy while Papa tried his best to get into those pants. Alas, his tummy has gotten so big he can't zip his pants. He buttoned his shirt and tried to zip and button his pants but it just wasn't going to happen. He also couldn't get the top button done on his shirt. We finally put his belt on and buckled it without the pants being buttoned or quite zipped to the top. Then I tried to button his top button because Papa is loosing feeling in his fingers and that doesn't help when the shirt is really too tight to button. I gave up and assured Papa he was fine without a tie. By now we had just a few minutes to get to church on time. I guess I'll be buying bigger pants for Papa.

Lots on my to do list for this evening so I'll end this Blog entry and be off to get those things accomplished. Life is just busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment