Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A Happy Craft...

"What is THAT?" you say. It is a Bone Neck Pillow. My mother made several of these for my father. He has had a very bad back for years. Putting this behind his neck seemed to help him whether sitting in a chair or lying in bed. 

When Papa went to the nursing home, I only kept two. The other three remaining bone neck pillows I gave to my sister for her three boys. Then, one of the two Papa still had and used regularly came up missing two weeks ago. It has never turned up. Unfortunately, I didn't find the pattern for this in my Mother's patterns. But a search on the Internet gave me two possibilities. I narrowed it down to the 4-sided one. 

Yesterday afternoon I found scrap fabric and extra thread and poly-fil I had on hand and made this new bone neck pillow for Papa. 

Credit must be given to https://apronstringsandothertiesthatbind.wordpress.com/tag/free-four-sided-dog-bone-neck-pillow-pattern/ for the pattern and instructions. Easy to follow. This just may be something someone else would find helpful. I am quite pleased with this little guy and it only took me between 30 and 45 minute to complete from selecting fabric to final stitching of the seam. 

Thank you Apron and Strings and Other Ties That Bind for sharing the pattern and instructions. My father will be very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment