Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Some Sacred Thoughts...

I wanted to record two times that are sacred to me. 

First, each week I send an eMail to the young people who are serving full-time missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from our ward (congregation). It is just a little thought or picture. This was the eMail I sent to them Sunday evening.

          "Claude and I have embraced the two hour time block. We realized we can still get up on Sunday morning as we did when we attended at 9am and use that time for our study time. It has been very rewarding. I thought I would share a thought from our study this morning. 
          "We read the accounts in Matthew 4 and Luke 4 about the Savior in the wilderness. We noted the importance of the Joseph Smith Translation in understanding he was 'led up of the Spirit, into the wilderness, to be with God'. That was important because it shows he was in a place of preparation for his life mission. At the end of this experience, Luke 4:14 says "Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee." Matthew 4:11 tells us that angels ministered unto when after the devil left him. Claude and I were touched that this experience was a real preparation for the Savior. The Come, Follow Me manual reminds us that Satan asked Jesus every time, "IF thou be the Son of God..." Then the Come, Follow Me manual states, "The Savior had communed with His Father in Heaven. He knew the scriptures, and He knew who He was." Wow!! As you serve your missions, learn to know the scriptures with this special time to immerse yourselves in them. And as you do this you will know that you are a child of Heavenly Father. This will give you strength to serve when it is hard and joy to recognize the workings of the Spirit and the miracles (both large and small) that occur as you serve.
          "I love the two hour time block and the added hour for my hubby and me to read and study together in preparation for studying with those we love and care about at Church. It is a loving gift from Heavenly Father for us. How blessed we are."
Love and prayers for each of you,
Sandi Christensen

Second, was an eMail I sent to Samone Ratcliff. She is a member of the Church and lives in the Owingsville Ward. I took one of her family names through as proxy in the Louisville Temple last night. Whenever I take the family name of someone else, I always send them a message to let them know that was done. This is my eMail to Samone.

Hi again, 
          "Claude and I went to the temple tonight. I did the endowment for Blanche E. Leszinsky. It was a tender experience. Tomorrow will be our 49th Anniversary. I reflected back on my first time attending the Logan Temple and the sweetness of that first experience. I felt like Blanche was feeling that as well. It was so special. Just wanted you to know this was done."
Thanks,
Sandi Christensen

I love my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and am grateful for so many, many moments in each day that have a sacred meeting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment