Friday, March 22, 2019

Crafting Complete...

It Is Finished!!! So many hours. My thumb has a hard time holding my pen to write my name now. But, it is finished. This puppy afghan is for our soon-to-be third great grandmonster. Katelyn picked out the one she wanted for their baby-on-the-way and I have been working since November on this beast. Happy it is done. These are really to be keepsakes for the kids. I am sure Raelyn will totally enjoy it before the baby does. 
This is a receiving blanket and burp pad. When we visited Julie and Cordell in February, Julie was making several of these blankets and burp pad sets. She knows a lady with a machine that stitches around the edge so the flannel will not ravel while also pocking holes around the edge through which your crochet hook can easily enter. All these years I have been poking my crochet hook through the fabric by hand. Didn't know anything about this machine. Anyway, Julie gracious sent me home with the prepared flannel and the yarn to crochet these items for the Roper's baby due to arrive the end of April or early May. The crochet thread is a fun kind that comes out looking like velour after you have crocheted with it. Simple single crochet all the way around each item is how Julie did it. So I did the same thing. Our soon-to-be baby will love these soft items from Julie and Cordell. 
Now I have a bunch of sewing projects on which to work. It really never ends...just like dusting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment