Friday, March 22, 2019

Tidbits to Remember...

We have had two birthdays so far this month. 

Aubrey Anne was on the 14th of March. Aubrey is our middle grandmonster. I posted these pictures from 2000 on Facebook on her birthday. I chose these because Aubrey now has a little one of her own. He looks a LOT like his mother. 
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, closeup and outdoor Image may contain: 1 person, child, indoor and closeup
Image may contain: 2 people, people eating, people sitting, child, table and indoor Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, child, water, sky, outdoor and nature
Andie's birthday was on the 17th of March. Andie is our middle child. I posted these two pictures on Facebook on her birthday. I chose these because she is 12 in the first picture and 14 in the second picture. Her two children are now these ages. Andie's comment was: "Well, this firmly establishes that they are better off than I was in terms of a middle school hairstyle!"😂🤣😂
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeup Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, selfie and closeup

The other two things I want to remember are about my sweet Hubby. 

Thing 1)
One night I was watching television with him in the evening. A commercial about Hershey's chocolate came on. I said to Claude, "That just makes me want chocolate." Claude quietly got up and went to his office. He returned with a Hershey's milk chocolate bar. We each had a laugh and then enjoyed that candy bar. I don't know when he purchased those but he waited patiently for just the right time and I loved that gesture. 

This last week we were watching the television show "Madame Secretary". Tia Leone is the Secretary of State. She is frantically searching in her kitchen for something. Her hubby, played by Tim Daly (who is also her real life love), is watching her and listening to her tell about the current trial she is dealing with. He finally says to her, "What are you looking for?" To which she replies that she knows they have a secret chocolate stashed somewhere in that kitchen and she can't find it. He quietly goes to their kitchen table, reaches under it, and removes the chocolate candy bar taped under it. Thought Claude and I were going to split our sides laughing at that. 

Thing 2)
On March 8th I received an eMail from my Hubby. It simply said, "I'd like to go on record that I think you're a pretty hot gramma and I like hanging out with you...XXXOOO Claude"  On be still my heart. Doesn't every woman who reaches 68 with gray hair and some extra cushioning on her body want to hear that from the guy she is sure is still the most handsome creature on the planet? I mean, really. Claude is truly a keeper.

Now, on to that mountain of sewing before I go spend the afternoon with my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment