Sunday, February 28, 2021

Crafts and Water...

Friday, February 26th, and Saturday, February 27th, were days to finish projects. I took my laptop upstairs and kept it on the breakfast table all during the ice and snow storms. Friday, I finally took it back to my sewing room in the basement. It took a bit to clear all the things I had placed on the desk, but it felt good to get that back under control again. I spent the afternoon making Emelia's little poncho. 
Saturday I spent time making Raelyn's poncho.
I sent pictures to Katelyn who is happy with them.

Andie posted this picture on Facebook. It captures perfectly the place we are at regarding Covid-19. People are getting vaccinated. Andie teaches school. She just got her second shot. I enjoy her humor at this 'time for your vaccine if...' meme.
Saturday our granddaughter, Aubrey, posted this picture of Nelson on our family Facebook page.
Aubrey said this about the picture: This little one came up to me saying "Momma, I miss them. Momma can we go see them? Can they come over?" This just melts our hearts. Love little Nelson. 

Today is Sunday, February 28th, and it is a rainy day. It rained last night throughout the night. With all the ice and snow we had, our ground is saturated. As a result, we awoke to a creek over its banks. Here are some pictures to show this flooding.

The first picture is looking from our deck down our hill to the creek. The water is all the way over the flat that runs along the creek. This flat area is about the width of a football field.
Claude knows me well. After we finished our sacrament meeting and our study time, we both looked out the window to see the creek had risen more. Claude looked at me and said, "Would you like me to drive you down to the bridge to take some pictures?" He knows me well. We did just that. This picture is facing the bridge with the water just starting to cross the road on our side of the bridge.
The next three pictures are looking to our right at the west side of the bridge.
This picture looks to our left on the east side of the bridge. The fencing encloses a waste water measuring station. Beyond the fencing is a clump of trees in the middle of the picture. On the other side of those trees is a dam. You can't tell there is a dam as the water is completely over it.
This picture is further up the east side of the bridge.
This picture was taken from the street in front of the 5th lot down the hill from our home. The row of trees in the river should be outside of this side of the creek. Also, the Steyn's fence is completely covered on the left end. 
This is the creek between the Crum and Steyn homes. The trees in the middle of the water should be lining this side of the creek. 
A little excitement with water today. We are fine. We still have electricity and the fridge is full. We can survive for quite a while if needed. I truly believe the water will all be down by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment