Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bit's & Pieces of Stuff...

Thursday, August 20th, I got an entire day at home. These don't happen very often and I enjoyed trying to stay productive and get things accomplished. I managed to get all washing and ironing for the week done. I usually do this on Monday but we were in La Grange. I got lots of things done on my computer for Relief Society and some things worked on for Christmas. I was able to go to bed at night knowing I did a good days work and earned that rest I might receive that night. Friday my day was split with home in the morning, Georgetown to visit Mimi in the afternoon and to pick up Papa's laundry, then back to Sadieville in the afternoon and evening. I finished Papa's laundry. Friday night was the next in this summers series of Sadieville Music Festival. It was karaoke again and hot dogs and hamburgers to eat. I'm continually amazed at the number of people who aspire to be Elvis Presley. Mind you, he was my age range and I think he had a wonderful voice, but I never developed that condition where you can't live without the King. This music festival we had our 2nd Elvis wanna-be. This one had a voice very similar to Elvis in his waning years. He had the moves with the hips and legs. And when he finished a song he always said, "Thank ya very much!!" It was a fun evening at the Waring Pavilion in Sadiville, listening to people try their performing skills and visiting with neighbors that were there also. Claude and I came home and had a root beer float for dessert, I crocheted and we watched a bit 'O TV before going to bed. It was a full and productive day. Saturday I wanted to go bowling. Claude and I are each really working the treadmill daily trying to get me back in shape after my 2 month hiatus earlier this year recuperating from surgery. So a little bowling exercise seemed like a good way to get some more exercise in a different way. We bowled 3 games and had a lot of fun. Again, we were the only bowlers in the alley. We each got some strikes and a couple of spares. This time we noticed that the scoreboard tells you how fast your bowling ball was going down the alley. I'm usually somewhere between 12 1/2 and 13 mph. Claude was more like 14 1/2 to 15+ mph. For the total points on the 3 games we had about 550 points. It was lots of fun and we'll be doing that more often. Claude was aware of a new BBQ place opening in town so we timed our trip so we could check out their opening event. We each had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich. There was a lady there selling fried green beans that you dip in ranch dressing. We had to try that for our side dish. The food was good and we both liked the fried green beans. Today Barbara Mason and I were to visit the Owingsville Ward in Owingsville, Kentucky. Papa has always wanted to travel with me and so I took him with us today. He totally enjoyed the ride and met and enjoyed the people. This is a really nice ward made up of farmers and college people and students. I just love visiting there. I checked on Mimi before coming home. Bless her heart, she was just getting so sleepy. Sometimes she will lower her head and cat nap for a minute or two and then wake up and visit. This time her head was falling to the table in front of her. I went to the nurses station and told them I was going to get her up and take her to her room. They had one of the aides help me get her up and she went off for a nap. Tonight I'm going to crochet and visit with my hubster and have a quiet evening at home so I'm ready for whatever this week sends my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment