Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Michigan Munckins...

This week I was able to visit with all my Michigan grandmonsters via telephone. Katelyn called and we talked for a long time. She is working on goal setting and had some questions. She is such a sweetheart and I'm very proud of her for working so diligently on this process. It is always a pleasure when she calls and wants to visit for a while. Today I called Paul and Aubrey. I just had these two cherubs playing around in my head and heart and needed to hear their voices. I spoke with Paul first. He had cleaned to dog pen and managed to cut his leg in the process. He was telling me its size and location on his leg. I asked if he needed stitches and he assured me his leg was too tough for that. He's such a guy!! Paul has some talent at drawing and we talked about some books I saw a Michael's that might be fun to help him learn some techniques. He has a few more weeks before school starts and he is going to enjoy them. Miss Aubrey Anne was helping her mom fix dinner. Now that brings pleasant image to a gramma mind who lives far away. She also told me Katelyn shared her Twilight book with her. Aubrey was hooked on it and read it in 5 days. I was so happy that she is reading and sharing an interest with her big sister. Aubrey now wants to tackle New Moon. Andie and family gave us a little album today of some of the pictures we took during Camp Christensen. It was really good to come home and look through them and remember all the fun the 4 youngest grandmonsters had with each other during Camp Christensen. I loved having Katelyn here in April during her spring break. I don't get to blog about our Michigan contingent because we don't see each other as frequently but I just love them as much and was really grateful to get to visit and catch up with these bunchkins. I do love being a gramma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment