Thursday, August 13, 2009

Papa Like You've Never Seen Him...

After I sang with Papa yesterday, I sat with Mimi. While she and I were having our pretend conversation, I looked up to find Papa getting ready to sing his next number. He wrote a song about the 'angels' at the nursing home that care for Mimi and the others. I don't ever in my entire life remember seeing this on Papa. He had this metal holder for his harmonica that rests around his neck. He had his guitar on. He sang a verse to this song while playing the guitar. Then he would play a 'turnaround' as he calls it (a bit of music between verses) with the guitar and the harmonica at the same time. I sat there amazed. Papa is always talking about not being able to multi-task anymore. Now folks, if this isn't multi-tasking, I assure you I do not know what is. When it was all over, I felt like I should have gotten a paper cup and put a dollar in it and sat it on the floor in front of him. He did a very nice job of singing, playing guitar and harmonica at once. Way to go Papa!!

1 comment:

  1. He has simply got to break that contraption out for the Mini's. They would flip out!

    ReplyDelete