Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bailey by the Bridge...

Silly Gramma...While syncing my Blackberry, I found pictures I took while on a walk with Bailey on April 30th.  I know I posted that I took that walk and put a picture of the shells we collected after the kids washed them off in the kitchen sink. However, I still want to put these few pictures on my Blog of Bailey on our walk.

We walked over to the dam and found rocks to throw in the water. I got this picture of the bridge from beside the dam.
Eagle Creek has more water running in it here below the dam that when it is at it's average level. We've had lots of water this spring and our little creek has overflowed its banks more than the total of all the years we have lived here.

We picked up some sticks and rocks and headed for the bridge. Bailey would toss them off on one side of the bridge and we would watch for the sticks to float under the other side of the bridge. While we were doing this Papa drove down to head back to Georgetown. He parked his car and joined us for a bit.
While Papa held her up, Bailey explained all that we were doing and pointed out her sticks floating down the creek.

Bailey and I made our way down to a place on the banks below the bridge. Lots of great rocks and sticks AND some clam shells. Such fun searching and tossing objects into the creek.
I just want to give some perspective regarding the level of water in our little Eagle Creek with the spring rains and run-off. Here is a picture of the water station tower on April 30th when Bailey and I took our walk. There there is a picture of the water up around that station during one of our heavy rains.
Also, I noted during our play session by the creek, the branches that drifted down the creek during the flooding and stuck in the branches of a tree standing along the edge of the creek.
It was a great joy to watch Bailey enjoy the creek. Sure is a wonderful spot to live

No comments:

Post a Comment