Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Grandmonster Sighting...

Friday I headed to LaGrange. I was going to spend the night with the Marx family so I could arise early and head to the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure with Andie.

I went to Georgetown and checked on my parents. Then I headed over to Arby's for a bite to eat. When I finished I called Laura to see if she needed anything as I went through Frankfort. Laura suggested I stop in for a visit. So off to Frankfort I headed to see Laura and family on my way to LaGrange.

I'm cruising down I-64 and the thought suddenly, and most fortuitously, came into my head that I had not put the brown paper bag from the kitchen counter in my car when I left my house.

Why is that important?  Well, the corner of the kitchen counter seems to be where we accumulate things when we are going to visit the Marx family. We just gather the stuff there and bag it and place it in the car before we leave. This particular bag had Hayden's Halloween costume in it. I had Bailey's costume in the back seat and all the other items I was taking when I hurriedly left. But now I couldn't remember putting Hayden's stuff in the car. Arriving with only one costume was, well, just not an option.

I had been watching Tiny since Wednesday evening. Papa wanted to go for a ride on Thursday. I brought Tiny home with me after singing with Papa on Wednesday afternoon at the nursing home. Friday, I needed to drop Tiny off at Papa's apartment on my way to LaGrange. I was running a bit late as I also  wanted to be there in time to feed Mimi lunch. I had not heard from Papa and presumed he had taken my advice and spent a night in a hotel while on his road trip. So, in my rush to get Tiny dropped off and then to the nursing home, I packed in the car all the things I gathered at the breakfast room table and missed the bag on the end of the counter.

What to do, what to do??? My mind raced through several possible scenarios. Then I called Claude and found he was at the bank in Sadieville. Yeah, he was home from his meetings. He agreed to meet me in the church parking lot in Georgetown with the bag with Hayden's costume. Next I called Laura and told her I was not going to be able to come and we set up for me to visit Saturday on my way home.

What a zoo I made of my afternoon!!!  Claude assured me, as he left in the church parking lot, that I was not a whole lot younger than him in the brain department. We do often state that between us we have one really functional brain.

Off to LaGrange...

I got to Andie's and Miss Bailey was playing with a new toy, Hayden was across the street with friends. Eventually we got Bailey's costume out of the bag and she tried it on. Bailey loves the movie 'Rio' and wanted to be a blue macaw for Halloween. Andie found a little chicken costume pattern and I set to adapting it to Bailey's blue macaw needs. Bailey was very happy with her costume.

We headed down the street to see her friends and show them her new duds. Their neighbor came out with a baby snake he found in his garage. Soon tons of kids from the neighborhood came up and joined in the fun of snake watching. I was taking video of Bailey and it shows all sides of her costume just before their neighbor announced he had the snake for viewing.
This little snake was a huge hit. Bailey was fearless when it came to viewing and wanting to touch him. While the neighbor felt it was a little garden snake (non-poisonous), I was not so sure. With the diamonds on its back it appeared a little bit more along the poisonous variety lines.
Hayden left his friends and ran to join in the snake watching event. 

We had a nice evening at home and watched 'Rio' so I could understand the kids love of this movie. It was fun and Andie added to the joy by making peach smoothies.

Saturday morning Andie and I spent in Louisville walking for the cure (see previous Blog). We actually finished in time to get Kate & Stacey home and then get to the YMCA to see the end of Hayden and Bailey's swimming lessons. They were not expecting us and were delighted to have family members for an audience. See that great grin on Bailey's face in the first picture. In the second picture Hayden is just finishing up swimming and he and his teacher have huge grins on their faces.
Hayden was happy to show me how he has learned to go completely under the water. He also went under the water for his teacher and collect some rings she let fall.
After swim lessons we enjoyed lunch at Subway. I stayed with the Mini's while Andie picked up the items that didn't sell at St. John's consignment sale. I finished handsewing the pieces on Hayden's gloves for Wildkratt's costume. We even managed to play beauty shop and cut Miss Bailey's bangs.

Then I was off to Frankfort to visit with Laura and family before heading home in the evening. Great weekend when we get to visit with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment