Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mini Magic...

School's out for the summer!!! At least for the Mini's it is. That means another visit to Ma and Pa's cool house in the country. So Sunday, May 27th Andie piled the Mini's in the Marx-Mobile and headed to Sadieville. They would visit Monday and return home on Tuesday, May 29th.

I was a pitiful photographer this visit. Just totally off my picture takin' game. I only took pictures of one thing and that was the painting of new birdhouses. Some time back Claude found birdhouses at Michael's that he thought would fit the bill for the Mini's. There was a rocket one for our space lovin' Hayden and a horse barn one for our horse lovin' Bailey. They have been in the basement for a long time and this turned out to be the right time to pull out the paints and get these birdhouses painted.

We painted some on Monday and again on Tuesday. They both said they still want to add some more touches so Claude is saving them for another visit to finish off. Once finished he'll clear coat them to protect them when outside.

Here are a couple of pictures of Hayden and Bailey being birdhouse artists.

Monday was also Memorial Day. We invited Papa out and Claude smoked a brisket. He also made potato salad, Andie made a salad with cabbage and ramen noodles, we had corn-on-the-cob and cheese toast. It was a delicious meal and Papa loved watching the Mini's play.

I watched two new-for-me movies with the Mini's, G-Force and another that I can't remember the name of.

Andie brought a recipe for a new dip. It was made with white beans and something that tasted a lot like cilantro but wasn't cilantro. It was delicious.

I marveled at how the playing is changing for the kids. Usually the toy cabinets and drawers are emptied and all over the basement floor and moved up the stairs. Not so much this time. We seemed to pull out something to play with and then put it back when we were finished. I was amazed.

Bailey and I enjoyed the new colors of play dough I had in the play dough tub.

Hayden brought two new games for me to play. They were Triaminos and Blockus (I think that was the name). Both were delightful and I may add them to my game collection so the kids won't have to bring them each time they come. I'll enjoy having Hayden play them with Aubrey, Paul and Katelyn.

Bailey even enjoyed a little Diego while she was here. With an older brother she has moved quickly to the shows that he enjoys watching. I pulled out my Diego DVD and popped it in for her and she totally enjoyed watching the three movies on it. You could hear her calling out answers and playing along with Diego's adventures. She also pulled out the little flip book of paint with water pictures I keep in the dining room drawer. This filled her time happily while Hayden was playing the games he brought.

When it came time to color, I printed Hayden a Spiderman picture and a G-Force picture and gave Bailey the huge Diego coloring book I have.

We even managed to squeeze in a haircut for Andie on Tuesday morning.

At one point Bailey was climbing all over Claude's lap and talking a blue streak. I can't remember the exact sequence in the conversation but Claude must have asked Bailey a question about what he was. Bailey proceeded to tell him he was 'who-man' (human). Claude got that grin that he must of sported as a child and it was all he could do not to laugh out loud at the little dear. While this was transpiring Hayden and Andie were in the kitchen doing something and Hayden was explaining things in great detail. As Claude and I chuckled about being 'who-man', I commented about how quiet this house is after the Mini's visit. Claude said something about Bailey being off in La-la-land (she is great at playing and making up make-believe games right now) and Hayden being in college (he is a very deep thinker) but, Claude added, he was glad to know we both now are sure we are 'who-man'...and we broke out laughing. I just love family times!!!

It was a lovely visit. Thank you Andie for coming all that way with the Mini's in tow and building beautiful memories to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment