Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Senior Center...

This Blog post is not about the home in which Claude and I live...Yes, we are officially both senior citizens but we have not quite yet started referring to our home in that light. But we have both done things to help with our local Senior Center.

Claude participates with the Georgetown-Scott County Senior Activity Center board. Each year, as Mayor of Sadieville, he is invited to help with distributing the Meals on Wheels. He really enjoys this opportunity. This year he went on Wednesday, March 20th. Some kind soul took a picture of him with Judge Lusby our Scott County Judge Executive. Don't they look happy providing this service. Claude is on the left and Judge Lusby is on the right.
Claude learned through their monthly board meeting at the Georgetown-Scott County Senior Activity Center that they wanted to have a purse auction for a fundraiser for the Center. My dear hubby knows I have found my perfect purse. The first one was purchased in 2005 in Berea, Kentucky. It is cloth with just the right amount and sizes of pockets. This makes it washable if it get dirty. After my first one wore out, I carefully took it apart and have used it as a pattern ever since to make my next one. I've even made some for family and a friend or two. Claude's brain made the connection and he asked me if I would make and donate a couple of purses for the auction. We thought they were looking at May for this auction. I purchased the quilted reversable fabric and Sunday evening enjoyed several hours of sewing putting them together.
Claude learned in the Senior Center meeting yesterday they have now scheduled the auction for August. Matters not. Our donation is complete and ready when they are.
 
Sometimes I'm amazed at the involvement we have with our community. It is a nice feeling to be that connected to our city and county in such a nice way. Being seniors can be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment