Monday, September 29, 2014

He Did It Just Right...

One year Claude and I received a cover for our mailbox for the Marx family.  It was beautiful and we put it over the mailbox.  

The sun eventually faded it and it needed to be replaced. Claude found a replacement, bought it, brought it home and attached it around our wooden mailbox.  Eventually, it too faded in the sunlight and needed to be replaced.  

It was time for our mailbox to be repainted.  Claude had been looking for another cover and not found one.  I wasn't sure I wanted another cover anyway.  I left to head to Georgetown one day and Claude set to doing little jobs around the house he wanted to accomplish.  This is what I found upon my return.
Did my guy get it right or what?  No more cover.  It turns out that the water collected under the cover and that is not good for a wooden mailbox.  So my hubby painted and repaired the mailbox. Then he put this cute flag holder he purchased and a little flag with a blue bird on it. I love this.  He did it on his own and it is perfect.  He did it just right!!  Thanks Big Guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment