Thursday, December 17, 2015

Let's Fill a Day...

Monday, December 7th, found Claude and I both at Toyota. The Georgetown/ Scott County Chamber of Commerce was having their December luncheon. The guest speakers were Mayor Kayla Jones of Stamping Ground and Mayor Claude Christensen of Sadieville. They were going to give Claude a microphone. I can't be responsible for him when someone gives him a microphone. They just have to sit back, relax and listen to his burning whit and find all the jokes buried therein. 

The Sadieville City Commission were invited to support him. In attendance was myself, our City Clerk, Sandy Whelan (Claude's calls her Sandy 2 to keep his Sandi(y)'s straight), Commissioner Detta Wilson and Commissioner Brian Reese. They all took an oath to do the wave when it was Claude's turn to speak. Oh my...we were in for lots of fun. 

As it turns out, someone at the head table could not attend and I was asked to sit with Claude at that table. We had a nice light lunch first. Then Mayor Jones spoke and did a great job. Then...Claude took the microphone...

True to their word, from the audience came a lovely yell and they each stood up and did the wave. Everyone got a great laugh out of that. Claude made his comment and we were on a roll of laughter interspersed with good words about Sadieville and the plans for its future and the accomplishments of its past. Claude did a great job and everyone seemed to appreciate the humor.

After this meal, I went to see Dr. Richardson. Time for that annual eye exam. These always fill me with dread. Not the actual exam, the concern that I will start to need real prescription glasses instead of my little readers I love to wear on the end of my nose. This exam was in my favor in that I did not need to buy prescription glasses. However, it was not in my favor in that I have pressure that is not good in my right eye. If left unchecked it could lead to glaucoma and blindness. However, there is a med for that. It is an eye drop to be put in each eye each evening before going to bed. The side effect is a nice one. It makes your eye lashes longer. Turns out it is the same med Dr. Richardson gave to Claude. Another nice thing we get to do together.

After buying groceries for Papa and spending some time visiting him, I hurried back to Sadieville to finally begin putting out the interior decorations. Claude had the exterior lights up. I was really behind the game for me on getting things done inside. I had a happy moment as I put things around the upstairs portion of our home. I have a little nativity made in Guatemala that I love. Very simple. Last year I could not find Baby Jesus when I set this nativity out. I went through all the decoration boxes and never found it. I set it out anyway with the Baby Jesus and stored it when I put the decorations away last year. I was delighted to find the Baby Jesus this year tucked inside the first nativity Claude and I purchased after we were married. Yeah!!

That's a full day. But a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment