Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Bug Came On Fast...

Tuesday, December 15th, I went to visit Linda. We had missed two appointments this month already and changed their dates due to illness. I was very happy to find that morning that coming to visit was fine as everyone was well.

I got up early to get my boxes of Christmas presents ready to mail to Michigan on the way to Linda's home. It was a struggle to get the right size box for each home and I ended up with two boxes for one of the homes. As I left my garage I feared the postage bill on those boxes. 

Love having the little post office in Sadieville. There was not a line and there very seldom is. It is as if we all agreed on different times to come to the post office so that there is never a line. They stay very busy with all they have to do and I greatly appreciate not having to stand in long lines like I did in Maryland. I was early enough in the month to be able to send all the packages parcel post and still be sure they would arrive. The postage was half of what I figured it would be. Yippee!!  And...those boxes were on their way and one huge item off my 'to do' list.

However, by the time I got the packages to the post office I was late for my appointment with Linda. Sent her a text and she said not to worry or feel rushed. Bless her heart! 

We had a lovely visit. Right off the bat her cat jumped up on the sofa beside me. I am allergic to cats. I placed him on the floor and Linda shooed him out of the room. However, I'm sure the two cats they have sit on the furniture a lot. We visited for about a hour. Then it happened...

I could tell I was going to sneeze. Knowing the illness they have had in the home, I didn't want to make Linda nervous that I was sick. I tried to suppress the cough and sneeze I felt coming on. I did get a tissue and tried to be ready. I did sneeze a time or two and then I could feel my voice changing and my throat feeling funny. I prepared to leave Linda and we both agreed it was probably the cat.

Home I hurried. I blew my nose. Got some water to drink. Ate a piece of fruit. Sat and crocheted for a moment waiting for it to pass. Not so much...My nose started to drip like a faucet. I was coughing. I was sneezing. I was running through tissues and my nose was leaking more than dripping. Goodness. Maybe it was not the cat. I kept this up all afternoon. Claude wasn't going to get home until about 7pm. I dripped and sneezed until he came home. This was not good. I really didn't want to be really sick. 

As the evening wore on, I didn't get any better. I finally told Claude I was going to bed. I took some cold medicine we had on hand, filled my insulated glass with ice water, and headed to the guest bedroom. Claude had an early morning meeting and I didn't want to keep him awake with my antics. The cold medicine knocked me out, which was a good thing. I only woke up twice during the night and didn't get out of bed Wednesday morning until almost 9am. Unheard of for me. But the rest was good. And I awoke not sneezing or dripping anymore. 

I'm not sure if it was the cats or not but man it came on quickly and went away by mid morning Wednesday. Almost like a 24 hour cold. 

When I got home from Linda's, I found 'yellow dragons' on our hill. They were digging and moving and pounding down earth. The end result was more rock extending out from either side of Eagle Bend Drive where it goes up on the hill. Not sure why they did it. But it looks like it might be a good place for a car to turn around. I must walk up there and check it out some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment