Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Crafting for Baby...

The snowy weather provided some 'extra hours' which I put to use finishing some things for Raelyn. The first three pictures are things I made for her to be blessed in. That will happen in March. The baby afghan is called the 'cob-web' pattern. It makes a nice light baby afghan. The next two pictures are dress (front & back view), slip and bonnet for her to be blessed in. It has been a really long time since I sewed something that tiny. Well, since I have really sewn like that at all. It was good for my brain to work through reading a pattern again. I loved the little sleeves on this dress. Never have made sleeves liked that before. 

Among my mother's things was this not quite completed baby sampler. I filled in the part with the information about Raelyn. All the rest was Mimi's handiwork. I have not cleaned, pressed and framed it because I want Katelyn to determine how she wants to use it. She may want it to be a pillow instead of hanging on the wall. So I'll give it to her this way and then she can tell me how to finish it off. I'm sure she will be very happy and surprised to have this bit of Mimi given to her little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment