Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Oily Eyes in the City...

Okay, I'm running out of imagination for Post Titles...

Monday, January 18th, found me at Frank Shoop to get an oil change for my car.  As good fortune would have it, I settled into the waiting area to crochet while the oil was changed when I heard a familiar voice. It was Frank Shoop himself. We got to know Frank while on the Japan trip in September. He is one of those people I just take a liking to. 

Frank popped his head into the waiting room to be sure all his customers were happy and if they wanted or needed anything. When he saw me his face lit up with recognition and he asked me to come in his office for a visit. I took my purse and left my crocheting and went to visit with this very interesting friend. We chatted and several times I gathered my purse to leave. Frank would say, "Are you in a hurry?" I would say, "No, but you are a very busy man." Frank would say, "I have time, let's visit." And I would stay a little longer. It was delightful to just sit and chat about his travels and the time we had in Japan. 

Eventually I went back to the waiting area and took up my crocheting again. The other customers were called as their cars were finished and I waited. Finally one of the guys in the service department came and told me my car was finished an hour before. I had not heard their page while visiting with Frank. I quickly gathered my things and headed to pay for the oil change. I set my craft bag on the floor by the window where you pay. When I finished signing things, I left for the eye doctor.

When I had my eye appointment a month ago, Dr. Richardson confirmed the eye pressure (in my right eye particularly) was way high. This can lead to glaucoma which can lead to blindness. The thing is, I would never have known this. You don't have symptoms that tell you about it. It is something the eye doctor can find in his exam and treat. My treatment was eye drops to be put in my eyes before going to bed each night. This exam was to see how the drops had done over the past month. The results...the pressure number had gone down by half. That was very, very good. So, I keep using the drops and go back in  June for the next eye exam.

While sitting in the chair waiting for the eye doctor to come in, my cell phone rang. I left my craft bag at Frank Shoop's. I hurried back there to pick it up after finishing at the eye doctor.

Monday evening was a special town meeting. Our Kentucky State Representative Brian Linder wanted to meet with the citizens of Sadieville to get their input prior to the upcoming session of the state government. He was well spoken and explained lots of things to us from how the sessions work, to how a bill is passed, to budget and retirement concerns. I was impressed.
Time to wrap this day up and head home to bed. We cleaned up City Hall and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment