Saturday, May 14, 2016

Planting and Growing...

I mentioned in an April 21st post about purchasing two new trees for the back yard. Claude has planted those and they are growing nicely. They seem very happy in their new locations. The dogwood with pink blossoms is in the lower left of the picture and the second tree is the little red one on the right. Nice additions to the yard.
We also purchased some more moss plants. I tried these last year in a spot that gets minimal direct sun light and tends to stay damp because the drain from the gutters comes out of the ground in this spot. I planted 12 little moss plants and they are all happy as well.

While weeding to plant the moss plants, I came across a pretty little white flower. I posted a picture of it on Facebook to see if anyone could tell me what it was. I did not plant it and yet there it was blooming on our hill. Very pretty.


I was informed it is a 'Star of Bethlehem' flower and it will spread if left alone. Some of the people said it was a weed and hard to get rid of. Another said she actually purchased a lot of them and planted them randomly in her back yard since she loves them so much. I just left this little beauty where it made its appearance in our yard. We'll see what happens. It sure doesn't look weed-like to me. 


It always brings me joy when the iris bed blossoms. These irises came from Utah and are from Claude's family. It gives us a little Utah in our Kentucky home.
One more random nature picture. We had some major thunderstorms the other day. They seemed to come in waves. Between one set as it was getting closer to the sun going down, the sun happened to peek through some clouds as they rolled in for the next set of thunderstorms. I looked out my back windows and then looked out the front windows. The view in the front of our home was fantastic. That is where the sunsets and I was able to capture this picture from our front porch. I posted it on Facebook and titled it "Hope After The Storm". Then I set it as the background on my lap top. I even eMailed it to our local television station.
Such an amazing world in which we live. Some of it we have to work very hard to bring the beauty we want to see. Then something pops up that we had absolutely nothing to do with but we still are blessed with its beauty and get to enjoy it free of labor. Life is amazing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment