Thursday, July 14, 2016

Helping the Marx's...

Andie had medical procedure done Wednesday and would have to take medication prior that would prevent her from driving herself home. She called and asked if I could help. Well...of course!

Tuesday afternoon I found myself driving to LaGrange. The Mini's were happy to have me at their home again. Makes you feel so good when you get hugs that make you feel the love.

Andie and Michael would go out to dinner and a movie. The Mini's and I would go to Dairy Queen for dinner and ice cream. This has become a fun tradition with us and the Mini's. 

Our timing was a little short. We should have figured a little more time at Dairy Queen. Hayden had to be at Boy Scouts before we had time to have ice cream. As we ate our dinner we tried to come up with a plan to make the ice cream fit into our visit. Hayden came up with a plan we all agreed was perfect.

We finished our dinner and then drove Hayden to his Boy Scout meeting. While he was there, Bailey and I went back to Dairy Queen and got her ice cream. Then Bailey and I went home and she played in the back yard with some friends while I observed that joy. So fun to watch little girls enjoying time together. Hayden was brought home by a friend. We had an early morning Wednesday so the Mini's went right to bed. Andie and Michael were home from their date not long after and the adults then headed to bed.

Wednesday morning I was up at 6:30am to get ready before the Mini's needed their bathroom. After they had breakfast and all was in order, we started 'Ma's Shuttle Service'.

First, we dropped Hayden off at the Middle School for his Cross Country training.

Next, we dropped Andie off at the Medical Building for her procedure.

Then Bailey and I made our way to St. John's Methodist Church for her Music Camp. 

I had enough time after dropping Bailey off to take the country roads back to the Middle School to pick up Hayden. When he was finished, we went into the school and he took me on a tour of his new school. He was so very happy to be able to show me where he will go to school in August. He is very happy to be going to Middle School. I can't believe he is already old enough for this next step in his life.

Hayden's plan was for he and I to get his ice cream. But after we talked, we decided we should pick up Andie first if she was finished and see if she also wanted a treat. We got to the medical facility and Andie was sitting in the lobby. We could see her but she wasn't seeing us. Hayden hopped out of the car and I waited so I could move the car if needed while Hayden got Andie. We asked her if she wanted ice cream and she assured us she had been a good girl and deserved an ice cream treat. Off to Dairy Queen we went.

We took our ice cream home to eat. Andie showed me a new pressure cooker Michael got her and she started making some yogurt in it using low fat milk. Then she went upstairs for a nap and I also curled up on the love seat and took a little nap. 

I left at 1pm to get home to take Papa to the nursing home and then to teach the Institute Class. It was a full trip but good to visit. I loved how the kids made the ice cream part of their trip work and did it cheerfully. They are growing up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment