Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Windows!!

A contract was made and the windows were installed in the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church. 

If you have followed this Blog, you know that I am chair for the Friends of Sadieville. One of our goals was to raise funds to help with the restoration of the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church to be used as the Sadieville Community Center. We were able to make a donation of $2,000 to the City of Sadieville at the MusicFest held June 25th toward the restoration of the windows of the Church. 

Judy Sinclair, the City Commissioner over buildings, found a contractor that could do this work and maintain the same shape as the previous windows. He finished the work and notified Judy on Sunday, July 3rd. 

Judy sent me a text and asked me to take pictures and post to the Facebook pages. I drove by on my way home from Church. It was a rainy day so I took these picture with my cell phone from the driver's seat of my car. 
So very happy for this to be done. Now they are scraping and painting the outside of the building. Judy has even found someone who will donate a sign for the front of the building. Still lots to do but one has to truly appreciate each little step in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment