Saturday, July 30, 2016

Maturing on Life's Route 66...

Well, today is my birthday. I am the tender age of 66. I like a really low-key birthday. I like to have things off my plate so I can do what I want that day, if possible. That is how today has gone.

Today we should have had another MusicFest in Sadieville. The forecast was for rain so we canceled it yesterday afternoon. Can't have karaoke machines playing in the thunder and lightening under a pavilion. That is just tempting fate. We'll try again in August. This really freed up my day.

I awoke this morning and suggested to Claude that he take me to Hardee's for biscuits and gravy. He agreed that was a capital idea. We had a lovely breakfast to begin our day. 

Next I wanted to work on my Blog. I headed downstairs and started to gather notes and potential pictures of things since I last Blogged. Then I started to work on that. At 12:30 I realized we were supposed to leave for a funeral of a friend at 1pm. I hadn't even started to get ready for that. Yike!!  I ran upstairs and found Claude not getting ready. Then I asked him if we weren't supposed to leave at 1pm. He suddenly remembered. I don't know what happened to us but we both were an hour behind what we should have been doing. I must have really settled into a relaxed kind of day. Or, it could be I'm getting older....

We hurried and got ready and made it to Mt. Sterling and the funeral home just in time. It was a lovely funeral. Inside the front of the program was this poem. I really liked it and want to keep it in my poem files.

When Tomorrow Starts Without Me

When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me, 
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand, 
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand.

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.

No author was given for this poem to whom I may give credit. But I find it a very nice poem for that difficult time of parting for a bit.

Claude took me to dinner after. My choice was Applebee's. I love their wedge salad and wanton tacos. Yum!

We are now home, I am finishing this Blog and then we will enjoy a movie. I'm torn between "Out of Africa" or "On Golden Pond". I'll  get some crocheting done. We'll have some ice cream. It will be a good day for this 66th birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment