Sunday, September 4, 2016

Odds & Ends

There are so many little things that I come across that tickle my fancy. Tiny moments of fun. You find yourself smiling, often alone when you noticed it, but you are smiling or sometimes just laughing out loud. Here are a few of them from my life.

First, Bailey always leaves me a grin. I have two shelves over the two closet doors in my sewing room. The shelves are strictly to hold my Beanie Babies and little stuffed animals. I'm not a huge Beanie Baby collector. But, when I have seen one that fit with something we were visiting or something I love in my life, I purchase the little stuffed animal and it is stored with its friends on one of these shelves. These toys are not just for viewing. The grandmonsters are free to play with them.

When Bailey had her sleepover, she asked for three. She loves 'groups' of things and it was no surprise the three she chose this time where birds: the eagle and my two puffins. She played with them and carried them off somewhere in the house...I thought. Several weeks later I went to get the case I carry my laptop in when I need to take it out of the house. Look what I found tucked into the straps and holders on my laptop carrier. Love that girl and her antics.
This next one is vintage Claude. I believe this is the wet-dry vacuum that is stored in the garage, but it might be something else. At any rate, when Claude was finished working his gloves were wet and needed to dry. So, maybe this is the power washer for the outside of the house. I went into the garage to get in my car and this it what I found. I was sure ET had come to visit!! Felt like, after taking this picture, I should have phoned home for ET!!
I came home last week late at night. Claude was out of town. I noticed a blob of something by the garage door. As I got closer, I realized it was a frog. I opened the garage door. It didn't move. I pulled my car in beside it. It didn't move. I rummaged through my purse to get my cell phone to take a picture. It never moved. I walked over and said hi. It never moved. I took the picture. It never moved. I needed to close the garage door. I figured that would be when it would jump into the garage or the door would come down as it moved and squash it. Didn't need either of those things to happen. I put my cell phone down and used it to shoo this little fella out into the yard. I grinned at this little guy. 
During all our 'car antics', we took the time to walk around Frank Shoop's car lot to see what he had for sale. Claude came across this lovely lime green Jeep. I took his picture in front of it and texted it to Katelyn. This is her very, very favorite color. I asked her if Grampa should buy this Jeep. Her response. "Duh!!" We did not purchase the Jeep. 
While walking across the Kroger parking lot to purchase groceries for Papa, I happened to notice the rear window of this car. It was lined with bobble head animals and figures. They were bobbling on a piece of white cotton so they would not slip around when the car was moving. This amused me greatly.  
Randomness in life gives me a smile. Hope it gave you one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment