Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Few Things More...

Friday, February 17th, I was in our bathroom. I put my December 2015 poinsettia that I re-potted in there some time back. It appeared it had something on its leaves. When I got closer, this is what I found.
The leaves are turning red! I was so excited I took this picture and sent it to Claude. This poinsettia just doesn't give up. It is full and green and now it is turning red. I am truly amazed and very happy with this plant.

Saturday, February the 18th I received a text message from our Katelyn. This is how our dialogue went:

  • KT: Have I ever told you that you remind that you remind me of Julie Andrews? 
  • Sandi: Have you been hacked?
  • KT: No, ha ha, just saying :)
  • Sandi: When I was young people said I was like Carol Burnett. Do you know her?
  • KT:Yes, she had her own show and played Ms. Hanagan in Annie, right?
  • Sandi: Did not see Annie. But she did have her own show. She looked for a younger person that looked like she did to be on her show. People would tell me I should try out for that part. 
  • Sandi: Why Julie Andrews?
  • KT: Haha, you could pass for Carol as well. It is your mannerisms and how you carry yourself that reminds me of her. That and your smile.
  • Sandi: That is a real compliment. I shared your thought with Grampa. He couldn't see me as Julie Andrews because she is a soprano and I am a tenor. Like that shows in your face!! I just see her as a very refined person and I am a little too rough around the edges.
  • KT: She is a tenor though, since her surgery she can't hit any real notes. You are not rough around the edges. You are southern belle with a Scarlett O'Hara attitude. Haha.
  • Sandi: I like that Scarlett O'Hara attitude. I can arch one eyebrow like her. 
  • KT: Rae is working on hers. I told her no the other day. She gave me that eyebow and said no back... I cracked up laughing.

Monday, we enjoyed time with the Marx family. Andie is a 4th Grade teacher and made herself a costume for President's Day. She was George Washington. I think she did a great job.
While we visited, Bailey decided Grampa needed to be George Washington. Here is Claude as George Washington. He had to put his glasses on his nose. Cracked me up.
I only got that picture after Bailey photobombed the first one. Such a kid, such a kid.
Bailey also let me video her playing her recorder for Raelyn and Papa.
There you have it, a few things more.

No comments:

Post a Comment