Sunday, February 26, 2017

Two Unrelated Thoughts...

Wednesday evening, February 22nd, I got the the Church and set up my classroom. Then I went to the ladies room before class started. Walking back down the hallways of the Church, my right eye felt like it was very itchy. It was like pollen allergies or when I am around cats. When I got to my classroom, one student was there. She looked at me and said, "What is the matter with your eye?" I assured her nothing that I knew of. I did have some itching when walking down the hallway like an allergic reaction to something but other than that nothing that I was aware of. Valerie then told me my eye was very red and asked if she should take a picture of it so I could see. I told her that wasn't necessary, I would rather she look it for the next one and a half hours while I taught the lesson. We laughed. Someone else was in the room and they confirmed my eye was red. I completely forgot about it as the others entered and we had our lesson. Didn't think about it again until I got home and Claude said, "What happened to your eye?" I went to look at it and, sure enough, it was very red. Claude immediately was very concerned. I was sure it was probably a little blood vessel. 

We got to Michigan and everyone was concerned. By now Claude was sure I had blood pressure issues and they were popping and I needed to see a doctor. I pulled out my cell phone and Googled "Why blood vessels break in the eye". I found something by the Mayo Clinic and felt like they were pretty reliable. Their entry said, "A subconjutival hemorrahage often occurs without any obvious harm to your eye. Even a strong breeze or cough can cause a blood vessel to break in the eye. ...But a subconjuctival hemorrhage is usually a harmless condition that disappears within two weeks or so." I read this to Claude and he felt some relief. Now we wait for the red to go away.

And, in a completely unrelated vein (haha), a friend posted a great quote on Facebook. "The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them. ~~Louis CK

No comments:

Post a Comment